Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Teaching philosophy statement


Teaching is a lifelong learning experience, not just from books, but also the community, particularly the founders of the new generations; the learners. My role as a teacher would be giving students the needed educational tools that would cultivate their knowledge. It is my desire as an educator to help learners meet their fullest potential by providing them a safe, supporting environment that initiates a sharing of ideas.
As a science teacher I will seek to develop a scientific mind by guiding the students to learn “why” and “how” does science work. My aim is to trigger critical thinking by using a lot of hands on activities that would help them correct their misconceptions. Besides, by using a lot of drill and practice I will mount the remedial process and help them develop authentic skills.
 Finally, I believe each and every child has the potential to bring something unique and special to this word.

No comments:

Post a Comment